24hr Live In Care
Carer's Job Description - Main duties and responsibilities
- Assisting the client with the running of their household, including light household duties, bed-making, cleaning the bedrooms, bathroom etc. (your own and clients), emptying commodes, washing/ ironing. Preparation and cooking of meals and washing up afterwards. Hygiene is of prime importance.
- Undertaking a range of social duties including shopping, ordering and collecting prescriptions, pensions (if necessary) and making telephone calls on their behalf.
- Assisting with washing and dressing, feeding and helping client to lavatory if appropriate.
- To provide a range of personal care, including help with personal hygiene, encouraging the use of aids. To remind clients to take medication as prescribed by the GP or District Nurse.
- To answer night calls when necessary. To inform us if this is onerous.
Clarification of Above points
- To monitor the client’s health and to report to the Agency, Family, GP other carers, District Nurse etc. Any changes in physical or mental state must be recorded and reported.
- To meet the urgent needs of the client, dealing with emergencies and liaising closely with professionals that are involved with their care.